Thursday, August 12, 2004

Overload!

As the semester passes by, it's more and more pounded unto me the hidden (and hence unpaid) part of teaching: the paper checking. I discover that every week, I add another pile on to my already gigantic heap of paperwork, 250-students strong every pile. It gives me that creepy feeling of impending doom, as I know that at the end of the sem I'll be rushing to finish all that I have to within a strict time period.

Now one might ask, so why not check right after each pile comes in? Good question. And for a person who's been too deep in the habit of procastination, I really have no straight answer for that.

I know that Stormcrow is probably having the same problems as I am. We are even considering a "paperwork date". Nothing like reinforcing each other while fighting off procastination's charms. And, as our favorite saying goes, all it needs is the first step (which is actually harder than it sounds).

Raven


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]