Friday, October 08, 2004

Just a girl with a sword

"One-handed or two-handed, miss?"

"Eh?" I looked up from the orc I killed and squinted at the knight. Eager, but a little cagey.

"Is your sword one-handed or two-handed? Here, I'll let you look at my weapon if I can look at yours."

"Well okay..."

He moved closer and handed me his sword. A flamberge. A bit better than mine, but then, I wasn't a knight yet. When I tried to hand it back, he waved me away. "It's okay, go ahead and keep it!" he smiled.

I whispered to Raven. "Is this guy hitting on me?"

Raven grinned. "Yup. He's completely ignoring me."

"Eeeeeeeew."

"Hey, more orcs!" The knight ran up to them and started hitting them with his fists. Because he wanted to tank us, or because he no longer had a sword, I wasn't sure. I wasn't so comfortable about rejecting the implicit offer right after acceping his sword, so I leapt in. Raven blasted away with her magicks from behind.

After the dust cleared, the knight goes up to me again. "Dont forget to use your potions! Here, have a few!" He drops some potions in my general direction.

"Eeeeeeeew."



To make a long story short, I acted like a frigid bitch and he eventually got the message and left.

I found the entire thing profoundly disturbing. First off, although the guy was nice, his presence was wholly uncomfortable. I don't like depending on the kindness of strangers. At the same time, I couldn't "pay" him what he implicitly wanted, which is to be friends with a girl.

The thing was, it's like the value of face: I couldn't tell him to bugger off, since I didn't want to hurt the feelings of someone who was doing his best to please. Even if, in the long run, he really would be better off going away.

It's almost emotional blackmail, forcing the girl to be nice by putting her in the guy's debt. The bad thing is that (I think) it's socially unacceptable for a girl to reject a "free" gift, even if it has strings attached.

I like deals much better when the price tags are up front.

Maybe girls have the short end of the stick when it comes to courtship. It sucks if nobody is courting you, and it can still suck if someone you don't like, is.

"Guys are so weird."



The Stormcrow

Labels: ,


Comments:
NO!
chico, you just described secret guy stuff!
 
actually when he offered the sword he was, in an indirect way, "trading". although what he wanted, you didn't want to trade in return.
 
I kill orcs ALL DAY! BIG ARMY!
 
At last a guy who knows and actually "felt" what its like.. ; )
 
If this would happen to me (which I've imagined would (and which I've imagined how it would actually go), if only I could get started on an MMORPG..), I'd actually play along.. It would be both beneficial, and fun..
 
So gay.
 
So in that kind of deal, who has the worse end of the stick?

The girl who is forced to put up with unwanted attention?

The guy who has to wonder whether it was all just an act?

Tune in next time...
 
The guy with the girl character, who now has a familiar/pet of some sort!
 
Hey, waittaminute...
what was chico doing with a female char in the first place?
 
unleashing the power within him...
 
wait, what if you were gay? would you have acted the same way? what if he were gay?

sounds dumb but i'm serious. gays are people too! too many heterosexuals here...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]