Friday, July 08, 2005

... in a handful of sand

Neil Gaiman tomorrow! Yay! Looking forward to spending my hard earned money on books I have already read. Yay! Officially it's 2 PM at rockwell tomorrow (saturday), though of course I plan to go early.. around 10! Will need to buy a book to get in line.. Wonder what to get for signing.

-----

Have been playing Sand King heavily. Burrowstrike is just that good, Impale and Blink in one. So much that I don't really mind putting points into attributes, because his two other skills suck. Finally got a quad kill from Epicenter this week, (though it just said triple kill twice). Sweet, but as my opponents get better (and more trained) the BS-Epi combo goes off less and less. Kinda like how they started playing around Nerubian... Should find a different character to abuse. Maybe try for Beatdown Furion.


Stormcrow

Labels: ,


Comments:
That caustic explosion-thingie rocks. Great for farming. Furion is gay. Furion is for n00bs. Want some abuse? Use Morphling.

Haven't played DotA in three days.. My hands are getting shaky already..
 
Play with us "northeners" sometimes! Or, we could go play in your pool when we visit lil Sam. Maybe when Po comes back.

I'd rather use burrowstrike to farm, which is not as hard since I'm getting extra int from attribute.
 
Reverse Polarity + Timestop + Epicenter = ownage.
 
Tingin ko, phase talaga yng hilig sa attribute bonus na yan, e.. Dumaan sa ganyan yng iba kong kalaro, tapos, naaliw na rin ako after sometime.. (Lion na lvl.2 Impale at lvl.2 Voodoo, at lvl.9!)

Punta kayo next weekend!
 
I've seen a lot of players use a very early Ring of Regen or even Ring of Health, and I still can't see why it's better than getting circlets and +3agi/str/int.
 
I like caustic explosion, at level 4, 1 BS plus 2 or 3 hits can wipe out a whole wave of creeps (even large waves)

i think some people like ring of regen to extend the time they need before going back to base (which could give an enemy hero the chance 2 gain up to 2 levels more than you during the early game)
 
I realize why Stormcrow really likes Sand King. Getting that "triple kill" is waaaaay so gratifying to hear. Wehehe, I got one last time, using, of all characters, the Broodmother. (which, incidentally, I haven't used at all before)
 
Broodmomma is an excellent killer! BKB + Blink!

And, Ring of Regen (RoR) gets more usefulness points in v6.xx, since it's already part of a recipe , and a cheap and, again, useful one, at that (Headress of Rejuvenation, part of the Mekansm recipe!)!

Pre-v6.xx, RoR vs. Circlets is, I think, a matter of preference and difference in playing style. For players who are very careful not to take even the smallest amount of damage, Circlets are better, due to the attribute bonuses, and the option to upgrade to Bracer/Wraith Band/Null Talisman.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]