Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Limited Gains

Last week I mentioned something about ways to get cards for playing recursive Limited. Cracking open boxes and trading away rares is a good method, and it ranks second for me; those with the luxury of time and effort may rank it as first. You can make a profit out of opening boxes. However, spending my weekends on trading and selling cards isn't a realistic option for me, so my optimal method would be splitting a box with a tournament player.

Now, the thing about tournament players is that they value commons and uncommons very little, so generally they're happy to sell them away. In contrast, as a Limited enthusiast, I have no need of rares. Thus, it's profitable for both of us to have an asymmetric split. They get 36 rares, while I get 108 uncommons and 396 commons. Also, they're quite happy to pay for the larger part of the cost.

I <3 style="DISPLAY: block; MARGIN: 0px auto 10px; CURSOR: pointer; TEXT-ALIGN: center" alt="" src="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2362/487/320/breeding_pool.jpg" border="0">
Either way, when you decide to open a booster box you put yourself at the mercy of random processess. You just have to draw and hope that you get good cards.


Stormcrow

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]