Thursday, March 15, 2007

Any port' in a storm

I'm considering getting a portable console. There's a surprising number of people here at the office who spread the word about Nintendo's DS. My cool/geek cousin also has a DS and loves it dearly. On the other hand, at Raven's office, they're all about the PSP. Back on the first hand, the PSP costs almost twice as much as the DS.

My initial impression was that the PSP is for the hardcore gamer, while the DS is more for the casual gamer. The fact that I know a bunch of serious gamers in on the DS is starting to change that though.


So anyway, I head over to gamefaqs, and take a look at their "top 50 FAQ pages" to see how the DS and PSP compare, selection wise. Here's what's on the rankings:

For the DS:
Final Fantasy III
Pokemon Diamond
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All

For the PSP:
Monster Hunter Freedom

Huh?

Stormcrow

Labels: ,


Comments:
my words about gaming should be the last you'd consider, but If i may give my 2 cents,

I'll say go for the DS. :)
 
While your Top 50 criterion sounds logical, have you considered the cost of games for the DS? For the PSP its practically free while for the DS I'm not sure pero AFAIK, there's no pi****d versions of games.

you can also watch movies and surf (via WiFi) on a PSP...

I'd say go for a PSP (while I line up for a DS... hahaha)
 
Piracy ba?

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DS_Piracy

Knowing is half the battle!

I will agree that the PSP has more multimedia cap than the DS (AFAIK) but personally I don't have tech lust, so it's not my priority. ^_^
 
you can watch multimedia crap with the DS... or so I heard...

I'm leaning towards the DS too... mainly because we have a great DS support group here at work. hehe

Plus there's battery life... PSP's only go for around 2 hours of straight playing. A DS goes for around 6 hours I think.

ano chico? DS? hehe
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]