Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back to the grind

The trouble with long weekends is that you promise yourself that you'll do a long list of fun things. Invariably, this list will be longer than what you can really accomplish...

Two years ago, I played La Pucelle Tactics. It's an old school, turn based tactical RPG with cute art and a good story. After 65 hours of gametime, I was one dungeon away from the last boss. Then I stopped. Burned out from too much levelling.


La Pucelle has an insanely complex and addictive XP system. Each character has a base level, and ten more attributes that level separately based on your equipment. Skills level only when you use them. Equipment levels too, during a minigame that you play parallel to combat. You can also fuse items and train monsters.


Last weeked, I played it again, and it's really good! Maybe it's because I can only play a few hours each day, so I'm less bothered by repetition. I really love this kind of classic combat system, and the characters are well made and adorable. I'm looking forward to more from Nippon Ichi. I wonder I can still get Disgaea I.


Stormcrow

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]