Monday, October 29, 2007

Chocobo Tales

I don't know if I even mentioned that I already got a DS a few months ago. Poor blog, I have been ignoring you cruelly. I'm very very happy with what I got, a snappy portable that I can fit into my pocket, that I can play all sorts of games on. The DS has a wide enough selection of games that I can pick the ones that tickle most my fancy.

Yes, in case you didn't get it, I'm telling you to buy one. Go! Buy one! Yes! I'll wait here!


*Ahem* In any case, one of the games that I've been playing recently is Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales. It's pretty good! It's like your usual FF, except the "battles" are either in the form of minigames or a collectible card game. At first, I wasn't impressed by the idea of a minigame RPG the first time I heard of it. Then I played it and I was impressed. Graphics are quite good too.


The minigames can be a bit frustrating here and there, mostly because I have generally poor hand-eye coordination (too many books and not enough vidyagames when I was a kid, heh). If a particularly difficult minigame was in the way of the story, I'd have to bang my head against the wall until I could solve it and allow the RPG to continue. It's a bit stunning to realize that the average ten-year old is probably better than me at this kind of thing. Despite the difficulty issue though, this game is (surprisingly) a must play.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]